A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
The easiest mode is 'HARD'!
BUTCHER is a fast-paced 2D shooter game and a blood-soaked love letter to the early 90s by Transhuman Design (creators of Soldat and King Arthur's Gold). If kicking corpses into a lava pit and adorning walls with blood is your idea of a good time, BUTCHER is THE game for you.
Play the prototype in your browser! (it's 2 years old, the game has been rewritten and considerably improved!)
Warning: Chrome/Chromium preferred, will not work on IE.
Fullscreen recommended (F11).
Features (full version):
- Ultra-violent uncompromising carnage in the spirit of Doom and Quake (chainsaw included)
- Skill-based gameplay mechanics
- Release your inner artist, paint the walls with (permanent) blood (up to 4 million pixels available to be painted per level)
- Use the environment (saws, hooks, lava pits, animals and other) to brutally dispose of your enemies
- Choose from an array of weapons (featuring classics like chainsaw, railgun and the deadly grenade launcher)
- Adorn more than 20 levels with the insides of your enemies
- Soak in the dark atmosphere reinforced by a wicked, heavy soundtrack (while you kick corpses around)
- Die painfully: melt in lava, become piranha food, get crushed by heavy doors... and more!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: